Street work ongoing in Worthington
WORTHINGTON -- Street construction remains ongoing across various locations in Worthington, according to a press release from the city's engineering department issued Friday.
WORTHINGTON - Street construction remains ongoing across various locations in Worthington, according to a press release from the city’s engineering department issued Friday.
- Work is continuing on concrete pavement and sidewalk ramps on Fifth Avenue and Humiston Avenue between 12th and Miller streets. Pavement and sidewalk ramp work is now completed at 14th Street, and sidewalk ramp work at 12th Street is scheduled to begin Monday.
- Rose Avenue concrete surface restoration work was also continuing from Clary Street through Dover Street. Bituminous overlay placement was scheduled to be finished Friday afternoon, with turf restoration still remaining.
- Street reconstruction with sidewalk and trail is continuing on McMillan Street from Ryan’s Road to south of Stower Drive. On McMillan Street, curb and gutter is being completed and preparation of the gravel base for asphalt surfacing has begun in Phase 1. The contractor is to have initial paving of Phase 1 completed prior to the Nobles County Fair so that traffic may use McMillan Street from Ryan’s Road to Stower Drive.
- Work is also continuing on James Boulevard and Nobles Street, with concrete pavement efforts now completed. Curing time and bituminous overlay placement now remains.
- Water main reconstruction efforts remain in progress on Elmwood Avenue between West Clary Street and Liberty Drive. House water service work began Tuesday and is 95 percent completed. Side street main connections are tentatively scheduled to begin the week of July 31.
- Sidewalk work is completed with bituminous overlay patching and turf restoration remaining at the Third Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue intersections with Lake Street.