ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

WFD fights Monday night fire at Douglas Avenue home

The flames were started when a clothes dryer caught fire.

020121 Fire 1
Worthington firefighters retrieve the water hose after putting out a basement fire late Monday night. (Leah Ward/The Globe)

WORTHINGTON — The Worthington Fire Department was called to 1212 Douglas Ave. late Monday night for a report of smoke coming from a basement window.

Arriving on the scene, firefighters found an active fire in the basement.

According to first assistant chief Pat Shorter, the fire was started by a clothes dryer in the basement. Firefighters quickly put out the blaze, and no one was hurt.

While there was some smoke lingering in the home, Shorter noted, WFD was able to use a minimal amount of water to extinguish the fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

020121 Fire 2
WFD pulled this clothes dryer out of a Worthington home Monday night after the dryer caught fire. (Leah Ward/The Globe)

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.
“We see that when things happen in the coastal areas, a few years later, they start trending toward the Midwest,” said Rep. Ben Krohmer, serving his first term in the House.
“This is sensationalism at its finest, and it does not deserve to be heard in our state capitol,” Rep. Erin Healy, a Democrat and one of 10 votes against the bill in the 70-person chamber, said.
“Let’s put this in the rearview mirror,” Sen. Michael Diedrich, a Rapid City Republican said.