RACING: NCSI Drivers take to track after week off from racing

WORTHINGTON -- After a week off from racing due to Mother Nature, the cars that showed up at Nobles County Speedway for Sunday night's races were all ready to bring it all for the chance to take victory lane on Runnings Fleet and Farm night. The ...

WORTHINGTON -- After a week off from racing due to Mother Nature, the cars that showed up at Nobles County Speedway for Sunday night's races were all ready to bring it all for the chance to take victory lane on Runnings Fleet and Farm night. The bikes at intermission were given to one lucky boy and girl by Russell and Linda Schuck.

Here are the results:


Jenna Klaukas and Cory Probst started on the front row, and Cory got the early lead. Klaukas found herself getting loose around the one-lap mark, with many drivers spinning to miss her.

The father-son duo of Dan and Cory Probst on the front row would do battle as Cory, not giving Dan any slack for Father's day, pulled ahead. Dan, doing all he could to keep up, found himself driving a little too hard in the corner; he would luck out as the caution would come out for Brent Hulstein, who had pulled to the top of the track with a flat tire.


With Dan losing a position to Brandon Bullerman, this would put him in the third spot to start the race. As they went green until the finish, Cory would pull off the win with. Bullerman placed second, Dan Probst third, Jason Wahlford fourth and Klaukas fifth.

Hobby Stock

In a great race from start to finish -- with 17 cars starting the feature -- the field was lead around by Eric Gaul and Corey Groenwold, but the pressure was on with Brad Halbur and Dustin Larson in the second row.

As the green flag dropped, the battle between Groenwold and Larson was on. Larson took the top spot but all the cars behind Halbur -- Justin Luinenburg, Shane Klaassen and Dan Strandberg -- all stayed close behind. With the drivers all fighting for position, Marshall Doeden brought out the caution. As they went green, Larson pulled to the top of the track and brought out the caution, putting Groenwold in the top spot.

Groenwold would have his work cut out for him, with Halbur and Luinenburg starting right behind him. Going three-wide with the dropping of the green flag (Halbur on the bottom, Groenwold in the middle and Luinenburg on top), Halbur got the lead. The caution would come out for Chris Teisler, who drove into the guard rail coming out of corner one.

Halbur brought the cars around to take the green with Groenwold and Luinenburg behind him. Coming out of corner two, Groenwold pulled off to the infield and Luinenburg fell back to the sixth spot. At the checkered flag, Halbur crossed first for the win with Strandberg second, Klaassen third, Groenwold fourth and Luinenburg fifth.


Brandi Dalin and Jake Schroeder brought them around and would go side by side, with Dalin edging ahead to take the lead and Brady Schroeder and Mike Fontayne battling. for the third spot.


The race went green-white checkered and Dalin got yet another win. Jake Schroeder was second, Brady Schroeder third, Mike Fontayn fourth and Denny Johnson fifth.


Steve Bents jumped out to the early lead but the caution soon came out and put Bents and Dan Ahlers on the front row for the restart. Ahlers took the top spot with Bents falling behind, and the battle was on between Jeremy Smith and Ben Moudry. Jason Fisher worked his way into the mix and put the pressure on Bents; he had pulled up next to him on the inside when the caution would come out for Brodie McKeown.

Ahlers would bring the field around and Bents get a good start, but the caution would come out yet again with for Smith getting some help going around Moudry. Ahlers again grabbed the top with Smith right behind and Bents and Fisher fighting for position. Ahlers earned the win, with Smith second and Fisher edging Bents for third. Moudry worked his way back up for fifth.

Street Stock

Ron Prins and Jim Larson would go side by side the whole first lap. Larson soon got the lead, but the caution came out for Rich Gregoire and Heath Tenklay spinning together coming out of corner one. This put an end to Gregoire's night; Tenklay went into the work area and later rejoined the back of the pack.

Larson and Prins continued to fight for the lead. Luke Sathoff and Trent Schroeder were having a great run when the caution came out for Dave Peterson. Larson maintained the top spot while Prins and Sathoff vied for second; Tenklay worked his way back up into fourth.

Peterson later picked up his second caution to end his night. Larson continued to lead with Prins working hard to get the lead and would soon drive hard into the corner, causing him to spin. Luck, though, was on his side; the caution was already out for Justin Dieter.


Larson would hang on to get the win and Prins remained in second. Tenklay was third, Schroeder fourth and Chris Palsrock fifth.


Ron Luitjens started on the front row and took an early lead. He would build his advantage before the caution flag came out for Jason Briese and put an end to his night. As they went back green Aaron Betz, Shane Herbert and Don Gerritsen Jr. went three-wide, with Herbert going on the high side and getting past Luitjens for the lead.

Herbert had a great run going with a big lead. With Mike Steensma finding his way into the second spot, Luitjens fell to fourth and Bumper Jones took over third. Steensma took over the top spot at the halfway mark, with Herbert falling to second. As they came down the backstretch Herbert hit the guardrail hard, causing a red flag. He was OK and after the area was cleared, racing resumed.

Steensma brought them around to take the green flag, with Luitjens and Jones right behind. Jones would take the top spot, but Steensma stayed close behind and passed Jones for the lead with two laps to go. Steensma took the win with Jones second, Mike Hanson third, Gerritson fourth and Luitjens fifth.

What To Read Next
Get Local